Are you empathetic, creative and accepting of all children and their unique abilities?
Do you want to work within a community of children, teachers and parents who support each other in learning about each other and the world?
Do you find adventure in nature, no matter the weather?
Do you want a job where you bring joy and wonder to children?
Do you respect children as active participants in their own learning?
Then Wildwood Nature School Wants You!
Job Title: Part-Time Assistant Teacher
Hours: 22.5 per week, M-F, 8:30 – 1:00
Start Date: June 21, 2021 with training day during a mutually agreed upon day/time prior to June 21
Description of Responsibilities:
- Foster children’s development in a safe, positive, and nurturing manner
- Facilitate projects and activities in conjunction with lead teacher
- Perform light sanitizing and cleaning
- Monitor education and safety
- Play with children
Additional responsibilities for higher pay:
- Observe and Document Learning
- Plan and teach Spanish as a second language
- Plan and teach inquiry-based investigations
- Current Food Handlers Certificate and CPR certification
- Physical strength to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Enrolled in Oregon Central Background Registry or willingness to do so
- Ability to spend a majority of time outside regardless of the weather
- Prior experience working with children ages 3-5
- High school diploma plus a minimum of 6 ECE/Child Development units.
Additional preferred Qualifications:
- Spanish fluency
- CDA, Associates, or Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, ECE, or related field.
- Prior experience teaching children and planning and implementing lessons
- Understanding of play and inquiry-based teaching and learning
- Discounted childcare if your own children attend the program
- Paid (up to $100 per year) professional development
- Possible opportunity to add hours (up to 30) in the fall/during the school year
- Possibility of moving into a lead teacher position/add responsibilities and increase pay
Pay Dependent on Experiences, Qualifications and Responsibilities $14 – $16
To apply, please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com